In this post I’ll show you my final artwork from my photomedia project and talk about how I added my different elements in photoshop.
My final artwork contains many different elements, some I talked about in my previous post.
I scanned and photographed many of the smaller elements using both my Brother A3 multifunction printer/scanner and my light box that i brought off ebay along with my Olympus E300 DSLR and a studio light with a softbox.
Here in this closeup you can see details of the pocket watches as well as some of the smaller elements. I cut these out of there original images and placed them in the foreground in front of all the other elements.
My final layout was more cropped than my original concept sketch, because its aesthetically more pleasing to the eye and the viewer can see the details better with this layout.
In this image you can see more details of the cards and book pages, I decided to just go with the book pages instead of including the books as illustrated in the original sketch. I went for this because I wasn’t quite sure how I would photograph the books in the ways illustrated and I think that the artwork is better for it.
I created the cards featuring some of the additional story elements by using the square tool with the rounded edges and placing the cut out image over the top. I used the free transform tool to alter the perspective of the cards and book pages.
Above you can see close up details of my main character, I didn’t want to alter her to much other than cutting her out of the original image, but I added some lighting effects to help her fit in with the scene.
This is my final artwork in its full glory, well I don’t know about that but I’m pretty happy with the results, if i’d had more time perhaps I would have gone out and taken some other photos to use for the background but i feel that I was able to alter the colours and add effects to make it look like there was a light sprinkling snow on ground and in the trees.
I added some filters over the top in order to add some more wintery colours to the overall image and add some depth.
It’s interesting to see a concept I put a lot of time into coming up with and imagination come to life before my eyes, I always see room for improvement but this came together far better than I ever expected.